SIFUTUTOR wants to make SIFUTUTOR Websites easy for you to navigate and SIFUTUTOR Products easy for you to use. We are constantly improving SIFUTUTOR websites and SIFUTUTOR Products to make them more user-friendly.
SIFUTUTOR collects Personal Information from people who browse our webpage or who purchase products from our webpage. “Personal Information” means any information that can be used to identify you or that relates to you. SIFUTUTOR collects the following information from you when you browse our web page:
- Usage data relating to SIFUTUTOR Websites and SIFUTUTOR Products
- Language preferences
- SIFUTUTOR website page views
- Comments you post about our products
Information may be aggregated and/or anonymized. When information is aggregated, it is combined with information about other customers and users. When information is anonymized, Personal Information is removed from collected data and the remaining portion of the data, containing only Non-Personal Information, is repurposed for internal or external use, such as, for example, to determine how many users of a particular router include an Internet-enabled television in a home network environment, or how many users viewed a particular website video or advertisement. Aggregated information that includes Personal Information is considered Personal Information until it has been anonymized. Anonymized information is considered Non-Personal Information. In general, usage data collected when you visit SIFUTUTOR Websites or use SIFUTUTOR Products is both aggregated and anonymized, so it does not identify you personally and is therefore Non-Personal Information.
How We Collect Information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. If you fill in forms on SIFUTUTOR websites or correspond with us by phone, email, chat or otherwise, you may be providing us with information about you, which may include Personal Information. This includes information you provide when you register on SIFUTUTOR websites, register or return a SIFUTUTOR Product, subscribe to any of our services, search for a product, place an order on SIFUTUTOR websites, participate in social media functions on SIFUTUTOR websites, enter a competition, promotion or survey, participate in an event, download firmware or other content or when you report a problem with SIFUTUTOR Websites or SIFUTUTOR Products or otherwise request support. Personal Information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and other contact information, financial and credit card information and any other information that can be used to personally identify you.
Information we collect about you. We may automatically collect information when you use SIFUTUTOR Websites or SIFUTUTOR Products, including:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and language preferences. This information is all normally provided by your web browser, and we do not specifically request it.
Information about your visit to SIFUTUTOR Websites, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from SIFUTUTOR websites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; videos watched; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page.
Any phone number or email address used to contact customer support/service.
Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties who provide services to us (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and we may receive information about you from them.
How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect for several purposes. These purposes will be consistent with the reason you provided the information to us or for a directly related purpose. The uses we make of such information include the following:
- To set up an account for you on SIFUTUTOR Websites or SIFUTUTOR Products.
- To facilitate your purchase of SIFUTUTOR Products.
- To authenticate use of your account or purchases and/or use of a SIFUTUTOR Product.
- To register your SIFUTUTOR Product in our product database.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To assist you with customer support.
- To communicate about and administer participation in customer promotions and surveys.
- To provide the SIFUTUTOR Products you request.
- To provide you with information about the SIFUTUTOR Products you use, such as new features, bug fixes or upgrades.
- To help us develop new SIFUTUTOR Products and improve current SIFUTUTOR Products.
- To notify you about changes to SIFUTUTOR Websites and SIFUTUTOR Products and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To administer SIFUTUTOR Websites and SIFUTUTOR Products for internal operational purposes, including troubleshooting, data and statistical analysis, testing, research and survey purposes.
- To improve SIFUTUTOR Websites and SIFUTUTOR Products and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
- To ensure the security of SIFUTUTOR Websites and SIFUTUTOR Products.
- To monitor and regulate interactive features of SIFUTUTOR Websites and SIFUTUTOR Products that you may choose to participate in, including live chat relating to SIFUTUTOR Products.
- To help you navigate SIFUTUTOR Websites.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others who visit SIFUTUTOR Websites and to deliver relevant personalized advertising to you and others.
- To determine which aspects of SIFUTUTOR Websites and SIFUTUTOR Products are most useful to you and other users of SIFUTUTOR websites and SIFUTUTOR Products.
We may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- Within SIFUTUTOR for purposes of data processing or storage.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing orders, hosting websites, storing your information, providing email communications on our behalf and providing customer support. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete or provide the requested service or transaction, and we do not allow third parties to use your Personal Information for a different purpose than what was disclosed to you.
- With service providers, advisors or other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets. If SIFUTUTOR merges with or acquires or is acquired by another entity, Personal Information would be transferred to the successor entity.
- To comply with the law or legal process (such as responding to subpoenas or court orders), to comply with government reporting obligations and to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
In addition, we may share aggregated and anonymized Non-Personal Information, including usage data about SIFUTUTOR Products, with third parties for a variety of purposes, including to analyze trends about home networking and utility use, to show third parties how their products could work with SIFUTUTOR Products and to generally improve home networking. We’ve taken steps to ensure that this information cannot be linked back to you and we require third parties to keep all shared information in its anonymized form.
Any third parties with whom we share your Personal Information are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure these third parties comply with the same privacy principles that govern our collection of your personal information.
When making purchases on the SIFUTUTOR Website store(s), SIFUTUTOR uses a payment processor to verify your payment card information. Your payment card information is passed through to the payment processor and is not collected or stored by SIFUTUTOR. The payment processor is authorized to use this information only to authenticate your purchase and for no other purpose.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, or if we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for marketing purposes.
We will always give you choices about your Personal Information. Some choices are presented up front in the form of Opt-in notices or acceptance boxes for marketing to you or sharing your Personal Information with third parties. In certain cases, where permitted by law, we also may give you the choice to Opt-out. “Opt-out” means you have already chosen to Opt-in, but you later change your mind. One form of Opt-out is clicking the Unsubscribe link in a marketing email. This will take you off our marketing email list. SIFUTUTOR’s general policy is to have users Opt-in, rather than Opt-out, to receive marketing information and to allow the sharing of information with third parties. Please note that these Opt-in/Opt-out choices do not apply to the receipt of mandatory website, customer service or receipt of order or shipping confirmations on SIFUTUTOR Website store(s), which you may receive periodically unless you cancel your service or order.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping your Personal Information accurate and up to date, so please notify us of any changes to your Personal Information. You can access and update your Personal Information and communication preferences at any time in the following ways:
- By clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email you receive from us.
- By sending an email to
- Please be sure to include your name, email address and specific relevant information about the information you would like to change or the material that you no longer wish to receive.
- For many SIFUTUTOR Websites and SIFUTUTOR Products, by signing in to your online account located at the URL provided when you signed up for the SIFUTUTOR website.
We will honor your reasonable request to:
- Correct your data if it is inaccurate.
- Transfer your Personal Information to a third party.
- Delete your Personal Information, unless we are required to retain it by law.
- Provide you with a copy of Personal Information held on our current records at no charge, or for a reasonable charge if records must be accessed from backed up or archived records.
We note again that, if you choose to no longer receive marketing information from us, we may still communicate with you about other matters, such as product and service updates for SIFUTUTOR Products you have purchased and customer support matters.
Retention of Personal Information
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Web Tools
We use automatic data collection tools like cookies, embedded web links and widgets (collectively, “web tools”). These web tools collect certain information that your browser or your mobile device sends to SIFUTUTOR Websites and SIFUTUTOR Products, such as computer IP address, browser type and service provider. In addition, SIFUTUTOR may use small pieces of code called web beacons. Web beacons allow a website to transfer or collect information through a graphic image request. This allows SIFUTUTOR to collect information such as the address of the page you are visiting, the address of the referring page you previously visited, what browser or mobile device you are using, and your display settings. SIFUTUTOR and its advertising partners use web beacons, for example, to find out if advertising on SIFUTUTOR websites and other websites that contain SIFUTUTOR ads is effective, or if certain videos on SIFUTUTOR websites are being viewed.
SIFUTUTOR may use web tools for the following purposes:
- To identify the user’s country and language and distinguish you from other users of SIFUTUTOR websites.
- To save your registration information for future use on SIFUTUTOR websites and services.
- To allow customer surveys to appear or not appear to customers.
- To optimize your browsing experience by preloading certain features of SIFUTUTOR websites and services on future visits to make loading times faster and more efficient.
- To understand how you use and interact with SIFUTUTOR websites and services.
- To customize and provide you with a more personal experience when visiting SIFUTUTOR websites or our advertising partners’ websites or when using SIFUTUTOR Products.
- To improve SIFUTUTOR Websites and services.
- To count visitors to SIFUTUTOR Websites and SIFUTUTOR Products and analyze website traffic, such as how many visitors have come to the SIFUTUTOR websites from advertisements on advertising partner websites.
You have the following choices regarding SIFUTUTOR’s use of web tools:
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or mobile device. However, some features of SIFUTUTOR Websites and SIFUTUTOR Products may not work as intended if you disable cookies, and areas that require registration or authentication and SIFUTUTOR Website store transactions will not be accessible.
Third parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use SIFUTUTOR Websites. To avoid tracking by these third parties, you can exercise the choices above to reject cookies, although SIFUTUTOR has no control over and cannot confirm whether these third parties honor the do not track browser choices you have made.
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected by SIFUTUTOR Websites and SIFUTUTOR Products. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important to note that if you use a computer or device that can be accessed by others, other people may be able to access unencrypted Personal Information. If you do not want your information to be available to others, exercise caution when using public computers or devices or when using any computer or device to which users unauthorized by you may have access.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. You should also be aware that names that you give your Wi-Fi-enabled devices, home networks and services (also known as “friendly names”) may be detectable by others outside your home, so you should not use Personal Information as part of your friendly names.
How to Contact Us